Williams, Leininger & Cosby, P.A.'s appellate practice group offers a unique perspective and experience. Most of our appellate lawyers started their careers as trial attorneys which provides a critical advantage when reviewing trial transcripts or orders for possible appeal.
Our group has experience guiding clients through a variety of appellate matters including a Petition for Writ of Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court where our client obtained a 9-0 victory.
We represent clients in both state and federal court in the following types of appellate matters:
- Appeals of final orders and judgments
- Appeals of non – final orders
- Petition for Writ of Certiorari
- Discretionary review to the Florida Supreme Court
- Petitions to the United States Supreme Court
- Post-trial motions
- Trial support to the lawyers in our firm as well as other law firms
We examine each request for appellate review to determine the likelihood of success for our client. When appropriate, we counsel our clients not to pursue an appeal or to explore settlement. When we recommend moving forward with an appeal, we have a proven track record of success.